Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's All About the Waiting

I like things right now. I mean come on, anything worth having is worth having right now. When we are hungry, we want fast food...and it better be good. When we want to get somewhere, well we just zip there and back in no time. We want to get better and we want it now...or as Jim Morrison says "we want the world and we want it NOW"!
But as I have said in my former post, getting anywhere is taking lots of extra time. Mimi and Pa are currently residing in a Holiday Inn Express in Sacramento. We have traveled for two days and we have gone exactly 12 hours...with another 4 to go....if all goes well. In the old days we would travel 16 hours in one day...but these aren't those days.
But we sit here and tomorrow we will hopefully pick up Jacob at the Sac Airport at 9 AM. Then we have to wait for another 3 hours for GiGi (Tracey's mom...real name Daphne) to come in from SoCal. Then we head for Yosemite....should make it right around 5 if we don't hit snow or ice.
I am ready to be in Yosemite already...I mean I'd like to be there right now. I love Yosemite...I have been there at least 30 times and have spent the equivelent of a year of my life there, climbing, backpacking, hiking, ice skating, playing in the snow with my kids, sneaking in to the Ahwahne Hotel pretending to be a rich person...some of the best times in my life have been spent there. And now, something I could never imagine...cruising Yosemite with my grandkids. Wow...when did my life flash by me...my GK's for Christmas in Yosemite...its amazing. I can't wait...

Jackson (6)

Aidan (3)

Chloe (7 months today)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! STAY SAFE! Hugs.
    -The Williams Family-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my goodness, so fun to find your blog! I loved reading about all your amazing adventures traveling, you two get around! And your sweet grand children! Chloe is a little angel girl! It's fun, even though some people don't actually ever talk, you can still keep in touch through of all things.... blogs! Love to you guys!

    Amy Mason
    www.amy-mason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete