Friday, June 20, 2008

Finally....


Well it is finally here. We are actually at the airport...waiting for our midnight flight to New York City. We had a wonderful dinner with the Butler fam, they dropped us off at PDX...and here we sit...waiting. When I consider all of the craziness of the past weeks trying to get ready to go, this moment seems almost unbelievable.

Yesterday (Thursday) was one of those days. I had so many things to do...all of those projects that needed to get done at the church before I could feel comfortable leaving...and of all things...my old faithful 76 Chevy truck..."The Silver Bullet"...breaks down coming out of Lowes. I push it off the road into the Paragon Motel parking lot, and as I am gazing under the hood, praying and asking for divine wisdom and healing, Gary strolls by and asks if I was having problems. I did say something sarcastic like "no I'm just meditating  and looking for some shade." He was a guy staying at the hotel and happened to be a retired mechanic. He needed some work...and I needed some work done...sounded like a match made in heaven. 
So after 5 hours...the Bullet was back on the road. Gary and his wife Cathy will hopefully be visiting the church and I got to scrunch all of those projects into an already scrunched day.
So here we sit...waiting. Waiting is a blessing. It is interesting how waiting can create such a vast array of emotions. You know when you are late for church and you inevitably get behind someone who has to slow down to look at the flowers on the side of the road...oh that brings out the emotion. 
But to have had a crazy week, and nothing to do but sit and wait...it is a blessing. Really. Even the slowest line ever checking in and going through security was not a problem...just go with the flow.
So next stop... New York City.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are great ~ And totally deserve this wonderful trip. Have a ton of fun! Trav & I will be praying for you guys. Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Facebook, now a BLOG? And a trip to Europe???? This is a big year for you two!! Have a blast--we love you!

    ReplyDelete