Friday, June 27, 2008

What the whoohaw are we doing?

Well the adventures of Mimi and Pa go international. That’s right we are heading to Dublin Ireland…the home of the Blarney Stone, lots of castles, Guinness beer, and of course the greatest rock band in the world…you know their name…come on…that’s right…Van Morrison and his Big Band. There is also that other little group with the singer named Bozo or something like that (actually Mimi and Pa love that group too).

So here I sit in the Big Jet with my Brown Eyed Girl. What a joy it is to be in a position to do something that is so outrageous. Actually, upon further review…it’s pretty stupid (please interject Silly if you are reading this to your kids). I mean really…we finally got summer in Oregon and we are headed to the only place ion earth more damp and cold than Oregon. We have seen countless people headed for warm places….what the whoohaw is wrong with us. And besides all that, the dollar is down to an all time low of just over 50 cents on the dollar in Euros (the official currency of Ireland), and less than 50 cents in Great Britain…stupid (please interject Silly if you are reading this to your kids...cause we don't use that word in front of the kids).

Well I guess since they just closed the doors it’s too late…I guess we’re going to Ireland.

 

Speaking of people who smartly went to someplace warm, today I got a chance to talk to Jacob. He took one of the more sensible vacations to Little Corn Island in Nicaragua. Cheap hotels, cheap food, and apparently cheap rum. I’M SURE IT WAS ONLY USED FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES. 

But I had visions of him and Jack Sparrow running around the island looking for the rum. He made it home in one piece, despite the strike that caused him to have to rent a boat to make it back to the mainland. I’m sure he’ll be bloging about that adventure soon…NOT!

3 comments:

  1. I am totally entertained by your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think it's wonderful how much being a grandfather has changed you Bill. Funny how you never minded using the word stupid in front my MY kids when they were young! Or "retarded", "sh--", "a--"...so many words, so little time. Actually, maybe it was Tracy I'm thinking of...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog (and enjoyed it) when my son typed in "mimi and pa" under google, attempting to send his own grandparents an email.
    Its nice to read about another set of grandparents who go by the same names!

    ReplyDelete