Thursday, September 27, 2012

Madrid is a Lovely City Indeed


Madrid is a Lovely City
I have been to a few big cities. Been to LA, New York, Lima, San Jose CR, London, Dublin, and many others. I will soon be in Paris and in Rome so may be speaking a bit hastily...but I think I can go out on a limb and declare Madrid a lovely, lovely city. It is filled with very gracious people, beautiful parks and boulevards to stroll down, wonderfully easy transportation systems, and at least a couple of world class art galleries ( I only went to two).

They say Madrid was the old city and Barcelona is the new young city of Spain. But like an old man who is not quite ready to lay down and be overtaken by a young whippersnapper, Madrid has reinvented itself and feels vibrant and alive and new. New beautiful skyscrapers and a very hip vibe have made the old man new again.

Reinvented, reinvigorated, rejuvenated, refreshing...wait...am I still speaking about Madrid?

No comments:

Post a Comment