Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Dream Come True

So you know, I've been playing golf for 30 some years, and all that time I thought if I ever got to Scotland I would love to pay St Andrews. Well Mimi said I could and so we drove there and well it all worked out and I got to play. I said "c'mon Mimi, you play too." So she said yes and so we both played.
Here I am at hole number One at the Old Course (I thought they'd have rules about flip flops...what kind of joint are they running here).













So I get the obligatory Caddie (from a real Caddie Shack). His name was Bryan McCrackky.



















So I was on the first green lining up my putt (putting for par...I thought this course was a lot tougher)


















Of course it is a tradition to get your picture taken after completing your first hole (oh the pressure was off finally).


















Mimi was a wreck after her 13 on the first hole...but boy you got to give it to the old gal for hangin in there...and at her age!


















So we make it all the way around...and despite the Arse Whoopping she got, Mimi was so nice and kind to William the Conquerer.



















Are you on drugs, we could never afford to play there. This all happened on the really cool Women's Putting Club course. 18 holes of PeeWee Golf...but at St. Andrews. Our cost was 1.5 pounds (3 bucks) versus 100 plus pounds (200 bucks). But it was awesome. So if anyone ever asks, yes I did play a round of golf at St Andrews...so I got that goin for me...which is nice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment