Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Loch Ness Incident

Well so you know, Mimi and I were compelled by our two grandsons, Jackson and Aidan, to go to Loch (or Lake) Ness. You may have heard that there is this "monster" who lives in the lake. Well of course me being a black and white kind of guy, all science no emotion, you know me...well I just think it is all the ramblings of some Scottish fishermen who have been sampling Scotlands finest malt beverage (not the beer that's for sure).
But you know we just couldn't face our grandkids and not say we went looking for "Nessie" as they like to call her (apperantly it's a she...one more reason to belive it is a myth started by Seamus McTartan). So despite the 300 mile round trip, the exhorbrant price of fuel, and the commitment to one valuable day...we headed north to Inverness. 
We arrived and found the road to the Loch and headed back south down a very congested road. I can't believe all the saps who obviously believe this ridiculous myth. But they pile into the gift shops and buy all the junk for their grandkids (oh wait that was us).

So first chance we got, I pulls the car over to the side and head down to the water so Mimi and I could take one of our self portraits. 












So then Mimi says let me take one of you...I told her no because I look fat and all...but when I know she wont back down, I figure, hey I better send out some vibes you know.













Well then I was actually standing in the water, cause of all the things I'm afraid of, a mythical seamonster isn't one of them. So as I'm standing in the freezing water, Mimi starts shouting something...I'm like "what I have no idea what your saying." It's just like how she tries to talk to me while she's walking into another room...you know. 













So as she's taking pictures and trying to talk to me, she's starting to scream at me. Well I wos getting kind of hacked you know...who does she think she is? 
But the screaming persists...












"LOOK BEHIND YOU" she says. For what?
So I looks behind me, and as usual Mimi is seeing things that aren't really there.


















Next thing I know...Mimi's passed out on the ground...must have been something she ate.












So I gets her loaded up on my back and haul her back to the car...what was it you ate I ask her...it was Nessie she says. Maybe it was the Haggis, I never know with Mimi.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you grandsons appreciate that as much as I did:)

    ReplyDelete